CA Course Details: Chartered Accountant (CA) is a professional course students pursue after class 12th and graduation. Students who are pursuing this Course after the 12th have to undergo the 4 levels of CA i.e.
- CA Foundation
- CA Intermediate
- Articleship Training
- CA Final
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) conducts the CA Exam in India. The ICAI is the regulating body of the CA Course and issues the guidelines for the same. However, to become CA in India, students need to undergo all these 4 levels and pass each level with a minimum of 50% aggregate.
Moreover, this article will provide you with all the details related to CA Courses, such as CA Course Fees, subjects, Course Duration, registration and Eligibility.
How to Become CA in India?
Before knowing anything about the CA Course, how to become CA in India? However, to become CA in India, students need to undergo the following steps:
- Register for CA Foundation Course
- Pass the CA Foundation exam.
- Register for Second Level, i.e. CA Intermediate.
- Pass single group of CA Intermediate.
- Enrol for Articleship training.
- Pass both groups of CA Intermediate.
- Complete 3 years of Articleship Training.
- Register for CA Final
- Pass CA Final Exam.
- Apply for ICAI Membership.
CA Course Details
|Full- Form||Chartered Accoutancy|
|Levels||3 Years+ Articleship|
|Course Elgibility||After Securing minimum 55% in class 12th|
|CA Salary In India||7-8 Lakhs (Fresher)|
|CA Course Fees||2-3 Lakhs|
What is CA?
The full form of CA is Chartered Accountancy. CA is a professional course that deals with Accounts, Taxation, Law, and Auditing. The role of a Chartered accountant is to give financial advice, audit accounts and provides information related to the financial sector. However, the Job roles of CA are Financial Banker, Accountant, Consultant, and Financial Manager.
CA Course Duration
The total Course duration of the CA Course after class 12th is 5 years, and the total course duration after graduation is 4.5 years. However, every single attempt will increase your time duration from 6 months.
Let’s have a look at the Course duration at each level:
CA Foundation: The total time duration at the foundation level is 6 months which includes 4 months study period and 2 months of waiting time for results.
CA Intermediate: The total duration at the intermediate level is 10 Months which includes 8 months study period and 2 months waiting time for the result.
CA Final: The total time duration Final level is 10 Months which includes 8 Months study period and 2 months of waiting time for the result.
CA Course Fees
The total CA Course fee for 5 years after the 12th is Rs. 87,300, and the total fee after graduation is Rs. 76,200. However, these fees only include the fee for registration on the Examination form. Moreover, The coaching fee for CA Course at all three levels is 2-3 Lakhs.
|CA Course fees||Indian Student||Foreigner Student|
|CA Intermediate- Single Group||₹28,000||$925|
|CA Intermediate- Both Group||₹34,200||$1500|
|CA Intermediate- Direct Entry||₹34,400||$1500|
CA Course Eligiblity
Before enrolling in the Course, Check whether you are eligible for the Course. If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, go ahead and register for the Course on the ICAI website. Now, let’s see the eligibility criteria for this Course at each level.
CA Foundation: CA Foundation is the entry-level exam for the CA Course. To register in the CA Foundation course, students must secure a minimum of 55% in the class 12th Examination.
CA Intermediate: CA Intermediate is the second level of the CA Course. To enrol in CA Intermediate, students must either pass the CA Foundation exam or can register through the Direct Entry Scheme.
CA Final: CA Final is the last level of this Course. To register for this Course, students must pass both groups of CA Intermediate and should complete 3 years of Articleship training.
However, if the candidate fulfils all these criteria, he is eligible for the CA Course.
CA Course Registration
If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, what are you waiting for? Open the ICAI website and Register for CA Course. The last date to register in CA Foundation and CA Final course May attempt is 1jan and for the Intermediate is 1 September.
Documents Require to register for CA Course.
- Class 10th Marksheet
- Class 12th Mark sheet
- Passport Size Photograph
- Nationality Proof (If not Indian)
- CA Foundation Marksheet (for CA Intermediate)
- CA Intermediate Marksheet (for CA Final)
- Articles Certificate (For CA Final)
CA Course Subjects
As seen above CA Course involves three levels CA Foundation, Intermediate and Final. The CA Foundation course consists of 4 Papers, whereas the Intermediate and Final Consist of 8 Papers which are divided into two groups, 4 each. Moreover, Let’s see what subjects a student needs to study for the Course.
- Paper 1: Principle and Practice of Accounting
- Paper 2: Business Law, Business Correspondence and Reporting
- Paper 3: Business Mathematics, Logical Reasoning and Statistics
- Paper 4: Business Economics and Business Commercial Knowledge
- Paper 1: Accounting
- Paper 2: Corporate and Other Laws
- Paper 3: Cost and Management Accounting
- Paper 4: Taxation
- Paper 5: Advance Accounting
- Paper 6: Auditing and Assurance
- Paper 7: Enterprise Information system & Strategic Management
- Paper 8: Financial Management and Economics for Finance.
- Paper 1: Financial Reporting
- Paper 2: Strategic Financial Management
- Paper 3: Advance Auditing and Professional Ethics
- Paper 4: Corporate and Economic Law
- Paper 5: Strategic Management and Performance Evaluation
- Paper 6: Elective papers
- Paper 6A: Risk Management
- Paper 6B: Financial Services and Capital Markets
- Paper 6C: International Taxation
- Paper 6D: Economics Law
- Paper 6E: Global Financial Reporting Standards
- Paper 6F: Multidisciplinary Case Study
- Paper 7: Direct Tax Law and International Taxation
- Paper 8: Indirect Tax Law
CA Wizard, the online platform for CA aspirants, provides you with all the latest updates related to CA. In the above article, the team CA Wizard mentioned all the CA Course updates. However, for more such updates, Visit CA Wizard.